Calling all Triangle Area Artists
We are looking for Triangle-based artists to display their art at a week-long exhibition hosted by Leela Foundation and Ansimit by Sampada, from Friday, Jan 27, 2023 to Friday, February 3, 2023
ELIGIBILITY: All entries must be original works and two-dimensional only. Please be mindful of copyright infringements.
SIZE: Maximum size for all artwork is 14” x 14” (including frame).
DEADLINE FOR E-SUBMISSION: 5 PM on Monday, January 16, 2023.
FEES: A non-refundable entry fee of $5 per entry and artists may submit up to three images
TWO-DIMENSIONAL ART & FRAMING:
▪ All works on paper must be framed. Glass and Plexiglas must be clean inside and out, unscratched and intact.
▪ Works on canvas must be framed or have gallery-wrapped, finished edges with no staples visible.
▪ Frames must be in good condition, free of scratches and loose corners.
▪ Mats must be clean and smoothly cut.
▪ A hanging wire must be firmly attached to the back with screw-eyes or D-rings, and the wire not exceeding the top of the frame.
▪ 2-D pieces with saw tooth hangers will not be accepted.
REVIEW AND INCLUSION IN EXHIBITION:
▪ All Entries will be reviewed at the time of submission to ensure adherence to the artwork condition rules and regulations of the exhibit.
▪ Inclusion / Exclusion in the exhibit is at the sole discretion of the Selection Team.
▪ The number of pieces included in the exhibit will depend upon the space available and the number of the artworks selected. On average, this will be between 20 and 30 pieces.
▪ We reserve the right to turn away any submissions that it deems inappropriate for our younger viewers or offensive in subject matter.
STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY:
▪ All entries are left at the owner’s risk; Leela Foundation or Ansimit by Sampada is not responsible for any loss or damage to submitted artwork by any means whatsoever.
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete the form (link below) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org the following materials as one zipped file.
Don’t know how to zip a file? Learn more here. File formats other than those requested will not be considered.
Payment link will appear on application form. Submission fees must be paid before inclusion in exhibition.
Applications should include:
o Images of Work:
▪ Submit up to 3 images of art that you want to display.
▪ Each image should be approximately 900 pixels (longest dimension) and no larger than 600 KB.
▪ Submit each image as a separate .jpg file.
▪ Submit an image list as a separate .docx or .pdf file and include the file name, media, caption, and dimensions.
SCHEDULE (subject to change)
Application deadline: Monday, January 16, 2023, 5 pm
Applicants contacted with selection results: Thursday, 19 January, 2023
Physical art drop-off deadline: Saturday, January 21, 2023. Art to be physically brought to 1018, Suite E, Morrisville Pkwy., Morrisville, NC 27560 by 8 pm.
Art Pick-up Deadline: 8 pm, Friday, February 3, 2023. Pickup from Cary Arts Center in Cary.